My next chapter
The last story I wrote on here was about why I was leaving outside sales. Most reps leave for difficult reasons like hating their boss, or commission reductions, or life on the road is hard.
I left to pursue something and I wasn’t quite sure what it was. After almost 45 days, I have found it and I can’t wait to get started.
I had been talking with the Meyer’s Printing leadership about some potential consulting ideas around how I could help them and their team potentially. Chris and Michael Dillon are really good people and their family has built an incredible business that hasn’t been afraid of innovation throughout its storied history and I figured they’d be a great company to start doing some sales consulting with.
After a few of those conversations, the energy between myself and the team became undeniable. I began to feel like this was going to be more than consulting work but may just morph into an opportunity to work with them more on a full time basis. And then the question came:
“What would you think it would like if you worked for us full time?”
My first reaction internally was something like:
But, you know, you’ve gotta play it cool so we dug in a bit more to explore what I was hoping to do and where they wanted to go and grow.
We found a matching point.
So…on October 6, 2021, I’ll be starting as the new VP of Revenue Operations for Meyers!
A few quick answers to some potential questions:
- No, I’m not moving. We love Utah and are planning on raising our 5 kids here!
- Revenue Operations is a new term to packaging and printing, but has been around the tech world for awhile now. I’ll be helping to find best practices from other industries to implement where it makes sense for us at Meyers. Along with that, I’ll be a member of the Executive team to help offer my perspective on decisions and continue to help Meyers customers navigate the changing landscapes of innovation and sustainability.
- Yes, you silly goose, I’m super stoked! I get to wake up every day asking and answering the question, “How can I help support other people to hit their goals and achieve what they want to achieve?” Who wouldn’t love that?!?
- Of course I’ll keep creating content for the industry! I love packaging too much to stop helping drive our industry forward and Meyers wants to be part of the positive momentum and change.
- The podcast isn’t going away. I’ll still be here and on LinkedIn. My cell phone number isn’t changing.
I’ve found what I want to do. A way to combine my passion for family with packaging and a company who is wanting to see my personal growth match with their growth direction and values.
I’m so thankful to the Meyers team for bringing me on. We get to be the change together.
Let’s do this! #packagingisawesome